Dear Friends and Clients,
Our team at Southern Professionals wanted to give you an update on how we are approaching business as it relates to COVID-19. First, we want to say we are praying for each of you, your companies, and the retail partners we serve. We have faith our country will pull through this together and be even stronger on the other side.
As your sales team, we would like to update you on our plan moving forward and provide some tips for the unforeseen future as we navigate through the COVID-19 challenges.
- Our entire team is working remotely from home, and it is business as usual. Due to the nature of our business, we work remotely on a regular basis. Over the past few years, we have implemented online systems that have made it very easy and practical to work remotely. So we are extremely well prepared for this type of an event. We are available anytime you need us and we are here ready to serve you.
- As you can imagine our retail partners are experiencing significant out of stock issues. Please meet with your team and determine if you have any items that would be of benefit to the consumer right now. Our buyers need excellent partners right now more than ever before. This is a unique opportunity to get our foot in the door and make a positive impact at the same time. By the way, here are some ideas to discuss with your team:
- Cleaning supplies
- Children activities (think of things to help mom with the kids being out of school)
- Baby supplies
- Food items that have a long shelf life
- Paper products
- Survival products
- As of right now, each of our retail partners is handling in-person meetings differently. Some have canceled all in-person meetings, and some have not. Please contact us, and we can give you details for each specific retail account.
- We are in daily communication with our retail partners and focusing on providing them with the best service possible.
- One of the most important responsibilities we carry as your sales team is to stay on top of your line review schedule. Please know we have all of your line reviews scheduled in our internal operating system (Asana). If your in-person line review is canceled, we will notify you immediately. In most cases, our buyers are conducting video conference meetings. Either way, we will keep you informed.
- Please reach out to us immediately if we can help you with any transportation issues. This is critical for our retail partners at all times, but especially right now. We want to be as proactive as possible with our communication about any potential delays. We like to say, “Information upfront is education. Information after the fact is an excuse.”
- Most importantly, we know the absolute best thing we can do right now as an organization is to provide the BEST SERVICE POSSIBLE TO YOU AND OUR RETAIL PARTNERS. With all the challenges you and your team are facing right now, we want to be your partner and a reliable resource you can count on 100%.
Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you, and please reach out to us if we can assist you in any way.
The Southern Professionals Team